[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Implementing Escalation in jBPM 4.1

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 25 07:43:49 EDT 2009

Thanks for this really long answer, Ronald. In my opinion you are right, escalation is a very complex thing and can mean a lot and I appreciate the flexibility of jBPM but maybe we should think of a basic thing to be included with the distro while replacing it with your own implementation is still possible. Enable simple escalations without the need of coding to give people a smooth start.

To me it is actually about a simple one right now. I would like to assign a task to somebody else or take a transition to a second task assigned to somebody else.

I managed to use a timer to make the engine take a timeout transition after some time. My question here: If you make the engine take the transition like this is the previous task completed? Or is this the wrong approach and I should just change the assignment of the task in jBPM?

I am thinking about the first one because business people often model escalations like this: There is a transition to take when the task is completed or a different one is taken on a timer event leading to a task assigned to somebody else.

If the task was marked completed when the timeout transition was taken wouldn't this be a bit strange for reports on processes because actually the first person did not complete the task but it was marked as completed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257059#4257059

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257059