[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: how to lock a node for update?

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 25 16:26:46 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reply, I just realized that you answered the questions before my last post :)

I am still not clear with two of the answers and wonder if you can help:
"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | "alllle" wrote :
  |   | - With "REPEATABLE_READ" isolation, is the "write skew" still a problem? - I think it's not but I'd like to get a confirmation from you.
  |   |
  | Write skews are *only* a problem with R_R.  See the discussion in the user guide for details.

So if I have isolation set to R_R in the config file, when I call the cache.getInvocationContext().getOptionOverrides().setForceWriteLock(true);
  |  Is the isolation for the current invocation context still the R_R, or is it changed to some thing else? In other words, do I still need to worry about write skew?

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote : "alllle" wrote :
  |   | - What is the scope of the current "InvocationContext"? Is it within the current transaction, or current thread, or something else?
  |   |
  | Invocation contexts last for, well, an invocation!  :-)

Could you explain more on what an "invocation" is then? This answer, I have to say, doesn't really help :)
What I'd like to know is the impact of the call. Should I remove the option override after the transaction? Does other thread who is accessing the same cache affected by this call? etc.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257142#4257142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257142