[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - What is an invocation, and the related option override?

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 29 16:59:59 EDT 2009

I'd appreciate some clarification regarding the Invocation concept. What is considered an invocation?

It looks like JBC uses ThreadLocal to store transaction and InvocationContext, so it appears to me that a invocation is basically having the same lifespan as a thread. Is this correct?  What if the thread is pooled and reused?

The reason this is important is that the cache "option overrides" are per "Invocation". In other words, if I set and option override, it last for that invocation. Therefore, clarifying on the "invocation" concept becomes necessary but I wasn't able to find a good straight answer on it.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257752#4257752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257752