[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Hibernate, Sessions, and Sync - Oh my!

MohReece do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 30 05:53:55 EDT 2009

If your app wasn't multi-threaded, you wouldn't be running into these SOSE's - because then you would have total control over when you start a transaction and when you end it. There would be no overlap possible (unless you would program it that way accidentally, of course).

You can find a little more about the mechanism I describe in the javadocs for the Synchronization interface (standard JEE):

http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/transaction/Synchronization.html

and the Hibernate Transaction Interface:

 https://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/api/org/hibernate/Transaction.html#registerSynchronization(javax.transaction.Synchronization)

The latter allows you to register your own implementation of the former.

I actually couldn't find anything about this mechanism in the Hibernate docs, and a quick search in Google doesn't turn up much more than javadocs and forum questions about ClassNotFoundErrors (if your environment isn't a JEE app server, you'll need the jta.jar).
However, if you have more specific questions, i'll be glad to try to help out.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257833#4257833

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257833