[jboss-user] [JCA] - HornetQ RA integration

Tim Fox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 1 05:41:01 EDT 2010

Tim Fox [http://community.jboss.org/people/timfox] replied to the discussion

"HornetQ RA integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535125#535125

To clarify, this is the problem we have.

AS gets a managed connection and calls getLocalTransaction(), this results internally in the RA creating a transacted local session.

The user does work with that connection, then finished, it gets returned to the pool.

Next user wants an XA connection, AS gets the same cached managed connection, getXAResource is called, but the resource is never enlisted in a tx.

This causes us to use the local  transacted session we cached earlier on the connection, but it's transacted, and the behaviour we require is an XA session behaves as non transacted non XA session when not enlisted.

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]