[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4.3 starting a sub-process after a state node will fail

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 1 12:55:54 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"jBPM 4.3 starting a sub-process after a state node will fail"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535234#535234

HI

I did the execution like that to test whole flow, so it was just a unit test.

What you are describing (at least as far as I understood it) is the normal way jBPM works. If you deploy your process to data base and then execute it via bpm console you will do it in three stages:
1. start process - will go to wait state
2. signal from wait state - will go to subprocess
3. wait state after subprocess execution
4. signal from wait state again and go to end node

All of them will be triggered separately. I am not sure about your execution context - is it a test case or is it a standalone application or running in a container. Please elaborate a bit or even post you classes so I could test it a bit more.

Cheers,
Maciej