[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 2 05:20:43 EDT 2010

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] replied to the discussion

"WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535345#535345

As I just had it happening again, these are the steps I did this morning:

* Started up Eclipse fresh (I usually let my computer sleep and don't restart Eclipse)
* Make a change to a .jsp file and .java file
* As part of my automatic ritual, executed Clean... on the Server runtime (the one that publishes from scratch)
* Started up the server in Debug

As it appeared, all my files where there, but WEB-INF/lib was completely empty.

I then did the following:

* Closed the three projects that make up my EAR app (the ear, and the ejb + web modules)
* Re-opened those same three projects again
* Executed Clean... on the Server runtime

Upon inspecting the deployment, all the files in WEB-INF/lib were back again.

The workaround is thus pretty straightforward, but it can be very frustrating if you don't know this exact workaround.