[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Test Driven Development (TDD) and Moving Forward with Less Technical Debt

Denis Golovin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 6 14:05:58 EDT 2010

Denis Golovin [http://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] commented on the document

"Test Driven Development (TDD) and Moving Forward with Less Technical Debt"

To view all comments on this document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-15096#comment-3073

The problem with current tests is that unit and integration testing are mixed now. That takes time to run and most likely it fails because of integration tests. Failing the build after first test failure is a big usability problem, because you cannot see whole picture and have to fix test issues step by step.
> "Better yet, TestNG complements its dependency testing setup with a mechanism for rerunning only failed tests."
JUnit UI in eclipse also has similar action to "Rerun Test", but it just rerun failures first, but our JUnit tests not always support rerunning one test from suite.