[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Disable DTD declaration

Roberto Cortez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 8 07:51:27 EDT 2010

Roberto Cortez [http://community.jboss.org/people/radcortez] created the discussion

"Disable DTD declaration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536246#536246

Hi,

How can i disable the doctype declarations, to prevent xxe injection? At the moment, I'm using JBoss 4.2.3 with JBossWS 3.1.1. and i can do stuff like this:

<!DOCTYPE root
[
<!ENTITY xxe SYSTEM "/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts">
]>

And inject the xxe entity in my soap parameters. How can i prevent this from happening? I found this page  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/JAXP-Compatibility_150.html#JAXP_security http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/JAXP-Compatibility_150.html#JAXP_security, which speaks about disabling the dtd declarations. Is this the way to go? Or is there some other way?

Best Regards

Roberto Cortez

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]