[jboss-user] [JCA Development] - JcaXAResourceRecovery

Scott Marlow do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 8 09:42:16 EDT 2010

Scott Marlow [http://community.jboss.org/people/smarlow%40redhat.com] replied to the discussion

"JcaXAResourceRecovery"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536287#536287

I would consider re-engineering the codebase from MBEAN based to MC, to be out of  scope for AS 5.x.  As that could destabilize the code base and impact existing deployments in a negative way.  The idea of minimizing risk when applying code changes to released versions of a product/project is an old idea that still makes sense (IMHO).

At the moment, we are still figuring out the larger challenge of integrating as strongly as possible, with the xa recovery mechanism.  Well, Jesper has a design in place but we are trying to apply that to the existing code still and it is challenging (there are a lot of moving parts to deal with).  If we didn't have enough challenges already, we could probably figure out a way to re-engineer (safely) from a MBEAN approach to MC.

Perhaps we should have this discussion on the phone if there is still disagreement.  If all involved are willing to speak in person, that would be fine with me too.  Might not be a bad idea to have a few phone meetings to discuss how things are going anyway (if you guys want that :-).

Start a new discussion in JCA Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2099]