[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - How can I disable bean lifecycles per entire descriptor?

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 8 09:45:33 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"How can I disable bean lifecycles per entire descriptor?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536290#536290

> but would it possible to ignored all beans under an entire descriptor deployment instead of individual bean?
Unfortunately no.

But you can easily write your own xml element for either bean or group of beans,
which would then take existing BeanMetaData instance(s) and add this ignore rule.

e.g.

<deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">

   <my-group xmlns="urn:foo:bar:1.0">

       ... plain MC beans

   </my-group>

   <!-- OR custom bean -->

   <my-bean xmlns="urn:foo:bar:1.0" name="tralala" class="..." />

</deployment>

where then metadata class mapping to those new elements must implement BeanMetaDataFactory.

Perhaps check DML's ThreadMetaData project on how this is done:
*  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-threads/trunk/jboss-threads-metadata/ http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-threads/trunk/jboss-threads-metadata/

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]