[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM integration

koen hermans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 14 07:07:40 EDT 2010

koen hermans [http://community.jboss.org/people/koen.hermans] replied to the discussion

"jBPM integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537353#537353

Thanks for the fast answer, I'll try to give you some more information....

actually I don't know if the service layer is enough. I've searched this community-site and I thought they said that you need 'hibernate' for accessing jBPM remotely.

In this company, where I do my internship, they work with a Document management system, but they want to integrate it with jBPM to have better workflows.
So it must be possible to start a workflow in their ECM en let it execute by jBPM, if you understand what I mean.
Therefore they asked me to make an abstraction layer and try to let jBPM work without the hibernate.

At the end it must be possible to access the tasks, which are kept within the jBPM part, from their own ECM and all this without using hibernate.
I've tried this allready on my PC with using the ProcessEngine and TaskService and it worked well, but they told me that this was only possible because I was working locally. When you try this remotely from another PC, you'll need hibernate.

I hope that you have enough information to help me.

grtz