[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM integration

Huisheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 14 07:21:04 EDT 2010

Huisheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"jBPM integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537362#537362

Hi Koen,
  There are some scenario where we have to use hibernate in jBPM.
  1.You want to do advanced query for jBPM database. The query interface is not enough, it only provides simple feature.
  2.You want to access jBPM database directly. When you want to do some extension for jBPM, sometimes you have to use hibernate to access jBPM directly.

  I guess your company just want to use a process engine to invoke their services automatically, so they don't want to let hibernate to add complex operation. If your process isn't very complex, I think the service of jBPM could fulfill your requirements.

 But you have to understand that the jBPM is just a processEngine kernal. There are many things should do around it.