[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JbossWS username authentication not working

Viacheslav Garmash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 14 22:28:50 EDT 2010

Viacheslav Garmash [http://community.jboss.org/people/vgarmash] replied to the discussion

"JbossWS username authentication not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537562#537562

Hi, Guys. I am having the same issues: I am trying to connect to secured webservice which needs login and password.
I am using JBoss Portal 2.6.3, JDK 1.6, jax-ws jars copied to lib/endorsed as described here:  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1439 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1439

I've tried this code as Bonny provided:

((StubExt)port).setConfigName("Standard WSSecurity Client");
((BindingProvider)port).getRequestContext().put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY,  "kermitabc");;
((BindingProvider)port).getRequestContext().put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY,  "thefrogdef");;

But I just getting back this exception again and again:

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Security requirements are not satisfied because the security header is not present in the incoming message.

I spent about a day readin all wiki pages about WS-Security at Jboss.org but I didn't find any other way to provide password from the client. Maybe somebody know where we can get some real working example?

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]