[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - isolated classloading for war file

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 16 12:07:21 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"isolated classloading for war file"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538022#538022

> test.war/WEB-INF/jboss-classloading.xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"
>      name="test.war"
>      domain="test.war.domain"
>      parent-first="false"
>      export-all="NON_EMPTY"
>      import-all="false">
>  </classloading>
>
> I get this error:
>
> 11:27:58,131 ERROR [[/test]](main) Servlet /test threw load() exception
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.SimplePropertyNamespaceHandler] does not implement the NamespaceHandler interface
>
> Looks like its still picking up classes from the spring v2 jar in the server lib directory. It seems that altering the classloading policy with the jboss-classloading.xml file works for the .sar but not the .war. Could someone advise me where I'm going wrong?

First, for .war/web you actually don't need to specify parent-first=false, since this is deafult .war/web spec behavior.
For the actual problem, I'll think about it over the weekend and get back to you -- cannot see it on the spot on Friday afternoon. :-)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]