[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Error when adding JBoss EJB Libraries to project?

Kip Moore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 16 13:56:13 EDT 2010

Kip Moore [http://community.jboss.org/people/ultrapod] created the discussion

"Error when adding JBoss EJB Libraries to project?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538047#538047

I'm having trouble adding JBoss EJB 3 libraries to an existing project.

I have downloaded a fresh version of Eclipse 3.5.2, and successfully used the built in "Install" wizard to download and install JBossTools 3.1.0GA.  For the sake of troubleshooting, I have created a brand-new Java Project in the IDE.  I have also sucessfully created three different Servers, one each for installations of JBoss 4.2.2, JBoss 5.1, and JBoss 6.0M2 that I am currently working with.

So I go ahead and enter the project Properties, select "Java Build Path", and then go to the "Libraries" tab.  I click on the "Add Library..." button, select "JBoss EJB3 Libraries", then "Next...", select any one of the declared Servers, and hit "Finish", which brings up the following error:

"The selected configuration <JBoss server> does not contain the expected EJB3 libraries.  Please install JBoss with EJB3 enabled, or try another configuration."

I get this error regardless of which server I have selected.  Using an existing EJB3 project, I have also verified that EJB3 is indeed installed and working properly across all 3 servers.  As near as I can figure out from looking at some of the JBoss Tools code, I have all the right libraries in all the right places, so I'm not sure exactly what is going wrong here.  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong here...  How can/should I do this properly?