[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Problem of jboss server starting on connection failover

Priyanka Sharma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 17 07:07:19 EDT 2010

Priyanka Sharma [http://community.jboss.org/people/priyanka.1085] created the discussion

"Problem of jboss server starting on connection failover"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538122#538122

Hi

I am working on failover condition of a datasource.

When a request comes, if primary datasource is not available then the request should go to the secondary datasource without restarting the jboss server.

I have added ha-local-tx-datasource in *-ds.xml

<ha-local-tx-datasource>
*   <jndi-name>HADefaultDS</jndi-name>

*    <!-- list of connection URLs -->

*    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:SID|jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:SID2

*    </connection-url>

*    <url-delimiter>|</url-delimiter>

* </ha-local-tx-datasource>

*

* Problem m facing is, i have to restart the jboss server in case of 1st datasource +connection fails. I want to rid of manual server startup.+

* +Please suggest me how to send the request on secondary datasource transparently.         +

+Thanks in advance.+

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]