[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to use rules in JBPM-4.3

Felix Jose do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 19 05:06:15 EDT 2010

Felix Jose [http://community.jboss.org/people/FelixKJose] created the discussion

"How to use rules in JBPM-4.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538225#538225

 Hi All,

I am having some doubts on using rules in JBPM-4.3.:

1. How can we use the rules in JBPM-4.3?
2. Do we need to use Drools for the same or we have to use the <rules> node in JBPM?
3. if need to use Drools how can we integrate Drools and JBPM?

And I am having another general doubt in JBPM-4.3:

I am having a main process and two subprocess. In that the main process should execute concurrently with one of its subprocess and once that subprocess get completed the control should come back to the main process and the second subprocess should start parallely with the main process.
The main process should not get end untill and unless the two subprocesses got completed. The main criteria is, the main process should be execute parallely with the two subprocess.

As I get from JBPM documentations the main process will be in wait state when the subprocess is in execution. Is there any way that I can do my above requirement with JBPM-4.3.

Please send a response to this as soon as possible as I have to complete my project poc by 23rd April 2010. I will be grateful to you if you give me an answer to my queries.

Thank You Very Much,

With Regards,
Felix K Jose