[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - session timeout redirect

Tridib Das do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 20 11:25:17 EDT 2010

Tridib Das [http://community.jboss.org/people/tridib197779] created the discussion

"session timeout redirect"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538541#538541

Hi All,
I want to redirect to my custom login portlet after session time out in jboss portal server.
I have updated the web.xml of my .war file with the following entry.
<session-config>
     <session-timeout>10</session-timeout>
</session-config>

but it is unable to override the default session time out of jboss portal server.Still the session time out time is based on the default timing defined in
\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-server.war\web-inf\web.xml.

Can any one suggest me any other work around for the above problem.
And one more thing is that how to redirect to a custom login portlet on session time out instead of the default login which is coming as a popup on ajax call.

Please suggest me if you have any solutions.

Thank you
Tridib Das

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]