[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4 is dead?

Mark Roy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 20 13:44:23 EDT 2010

Mark Roy [http://community.jboss.org/people/markroy] replied to the discussion

"jBPM 4 is dead?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538562#538562

Personally, +I+ am panicking. I've been promoting jBPM to my customer as the best thing out there. They were relucant to go with an open source solution, but I assured them that RedHat support was available. (I asked for a quote for support specifically for jBPM 4.x, was told I need SOA-P. I got a quote for SOA-P, but only just realized it does not include jBPM4). Now I have to go back to my customer and tell them support will not be available. And moreover, there will be major changes moving to a future release.

I understand the need/desire to merge jBPM and Drools Flow in a future version. I don't have an issue with that. What I am concerned about is the lack of a statement of commitment by RedHat *management* (no offense Alejandro) to complete the planned features for jBPM 4, create a production quality release and provide support until a production-ready jBPM5 is available.