[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Recent changes on CXF integration

Jim Ma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 21 02:46:29 EDT 2010

Jim Ma [http://community.jboss.org/people/jim.ma] replied to the discussion

"Recent changes on CXF integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538629#538629

> > Richard Opalka wrote:
> >

> >     The performance bottleneck during deployment time isn't so significant
> >
> >     and it can be always solved with using separate worker thread to read
> >
> >     the CXF configuration file asynchronously when it will became an real issue.
> >
> >     I'd say we should remove CxfServletExt lazy load of the bus because this is broken
> >
> >     by design.
>
> I'm not that sure regarding the considerations on performances above, anyway I agree on saying the lazy behaviour is broken at least for some usecases. Keeping it is probably going to be a pain and causing confusion with the users.
I found the depends deployment in jboss-web.xml does not work when remove the lazy cxf bus load.  This is because the real deployment work has completely been done in BusDeploymentAspect , and does not count on TomcatDeployer/ServiceDeployer. Do we need to fix this issue?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]