[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Recent changes on CXF integration

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 21 03:47:25 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Recent changes on CXF integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538641#538641

> Jim Ma ha scritto:
>
> > > Richard Opalka wrote:
> > >

> > >     The performance bottleneck during deployment time isn't so significant
> > >
> > >     and it can be always solved with using separate worker thread to read
> > >
> > >     the CXF configuration file asynchronously when it will became an real issue.
> > >
> > >     I'd say we should remove CxfServletExt lazy load of the bus because this is broken
> > >
> > >     by design.
> >
> > I'm not that sure regarding the considerations on performances above, anyway I agree on saying the lazy behaviour is broken at least for some usecases. Keeping it is probably going to be a pain and causing confusion with the users.
> I found the depends deployment in jboss-web.xml does not work when remove the lazy cxf bus load.  This is because the real deployment work has completely been done in BusDeploymentAspect , and does not count on TomcatDeployer/ServiceDeployer. Do we need to fix this issue?
You should not need that dependency any more. As discussed on IRC, the need for the JMS destination to be available when building the CXF Bus has to be dealt with either proper deployers ordering or dependency through sar/ear.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]