[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4 is dead?

eric schabell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 21 15:08:13 EDT 2010

eric schabell [http://community.jboss.org/people/eschabell] replied to the discussion

"jBPM 4 is dead?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538847#538847

Mark,

Red Hat has always been clear on jBPM 4, it is and never has reach any state that was ever considered for inclusion in her products. I have mentioned this before to more than one member of the community here.

The JBoss SOA-P product has always been the entry point for a supported release of jBPM. True, it used to be possible to have framework support on only jBPM, but it was always for the versions included in the JBoss SOA-P product. These are the ones that made it through Red Hat's QA, testing and integration process. Finally, it was decided to only provide support for jBPM through a JBoss SOA-P subscription.

Any member of Red Hat asked with regards to sales support of jBPM 4 should have always told you that support is possible for jBPM v3.2.x (depending on time frame, but this is the only supported branch for some time now), and for 5 years for each release.

It seems to me that it is up to the community to take a project in any direction it so desires. This is no different for jBPM.