[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to do automatic transition from one state node to any other node

Felix Jose do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 22 13:45:27 EDT 2010

Felix Jose [http://community.jboss.org/people/FelixKJose] created the discussion

"How to do automatic transition from one state node to any other node"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539086#539086

Hi All,

I am having a process definition as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<process name="ReserchPage" xmlns=" http://jbpm.org/4.3/jpdl http://jbpm.org/4.3/jpdl">
   <start name="start" g="38,19,48,48">
      <transition name="to Research" to="research" g="-54,-18"/>
   </start>
   <state name="research" g="207,17,141,52">
      <transition name="to check number of Entities present in WebPage" to="checknumOfEntities" g="-55,-21"/>
   </state>
   <java g="230,327,138,40" method="checkNumOfEntities" name="checknumOfEntities">
  <transition name="to end" to="end" g="-81,-18"/>
 </java>
</process>

Can anybody please let me know how the automatic transition can make from <state name="research"...> to <java....name="checknumOfEntities> without using an external signaling using executionService.signalExecutionIn() method.
In the older versions of JBPM we were having the option of using an ActionHandler and from its execute method we were abot to signal to the next transition. But using JBPM-4.3 even a single tansition is not able to done a auto transition?

Please help me on this.
And one more question why the ActionHandler is got removed in this version?

I am expecting a quick reply from anyone of you.

Thank You very much,
With Regards,
Felix K Jose