[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - wsconsume generates JAXBelement<String> instead of just String for xs:string

Viacheslav Garmash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 22 16:13:09 EDT 2010

Viacheslav Garmash [http://community.jboss.org/people/vgarmash] replied to the discussion

"wsconsume generates JAXBelement<String> instead of just String for xs:string"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539096#539096

you are right - this is binding customization problem. the issue was fixed when I used customized binding file customForMaps.xml (attached) with following content:

<jxb:bindings version="2.0" xmlns:jxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb"
    <jxb:globalBindings generateElementProperty="false" />
</jxb:bindings>

I've added option --binding=<path/to/customForMap.xml> to the command line and finally got correctly generated xs:string properties as lava.lang.String (see attachment)

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]