[jboss-user] The DataSource is UNKNOWN run state

Frank Vestris frank.vestris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 04:40:20 EDT 2010

Hello,
I'm new to JBoss ...
I have installed jboss-5.1.0.GA and run it in default environment
Before running it, I've put under JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib
mysql-connector-java-5.1.10-bin.jar and I've taken from docs/examples/jca
the mysql-ds.xml file that i've modified with the right database properties
(connection url, user and password - same properties i've used with
SQuirrel) and put to default/deploy.
The admin console shows me an UNKNOWN run state for this datasource.
Any ideas on where should I look at ?

Thanks for your help
Frank