[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Development] - Compression option for JBM Persistence?

Mark Michalek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 27 09:25:17 EDT 2010

Mark Michalek [http://community.jboss.org/people/mmichalek2] created the discussion

"Compression option for JBM Persistence?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539785#539785

We were doing some load testing of JBM and noticed (in our case at least) we were able to increase message throughout by 25% when we patched JDBCPersistenceManager to gzip the data before persisting it to JBM_MSG.

In our scenario, we have lots of CPU to spare, so we don't mind taking the hit to zip/unzip the data. Also, the data itself is XML and usually is reduced by a factor of 10 or more when we compress it.

Any chance of adding a "zip" option to the JDBCPersistenceManager?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2043]