[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss AS 5.1 and Virtual Directories

Robert Heim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 27 11:47:43 EDT 2010

Robert Heim [http://community.jboss.org/people/brannic] replied to the discussion

"JBoss AS 5.1 and Virtual Directories"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539837#539837

At this point I'm wondering if the problem is the URL.

Using the jmx-console, scanning through the list of JMX MBeans I can see the generated file is deployed in the directory specified so the system is picking it up.

| *Domain* | jboss.deployment |
| *type* | Deployment |
| *id* | "vfsfile:/C:/root/app/server/app-16/virtualDirectory/reporting/output/resunitpatsched-0001.pdf" |
| *Java Class* | org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.AbstractVFSDeploymentContext |
| *Description* | Management Bean. |

Problem is I can't seem to access it from the browser.

Using the previous example, I tried using
 http://localhost:port/reporting/output/report.pdf http://localhost:port/reporting/output/report.pdf

as well as

 http://localhost:port/virtualDirectory/reporting/output/report.pdf http://localhost:port/virtualDirectory/reporting/output/report.pdf.

Neither of these appears to be working.

Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing here?