[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Dependancy injection with datasources within a webservice

Jens Mander do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 28 12:45:51 EDT 2010

Jens Mander [http://community.jboss.org/people/JensMander] created the discussion

"Dependancy injection with datasources within a webservice"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540065#540065

Hi,

I'am trying to use the @Resouce-Annotation for a datasource in my WebService (wsdl). I guess the datasource is properly configured because the following snippet works without any problems.

public String myFunction(String in) throws NamingException {

        InitialContext ctx;

        ctx = new InitialContext();
        DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:/MyDataSource");

        // do something with the datasource

        return "something";
    }

but if I'am trying something like that

@Resource(name="MyDataSource")
private DataSource ds;

public String myFunction(String in) throws NamingException {

        // do something with the datasource ds

        return "something";
    }

I can't even deploy my webservice to the JBoss AS. The message says  that "MyDataSource" couldn't be found ;(
I hope somebody has a piece of advice for me. Thanks a lot.

Jens

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]