[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Disabling ExpiryQueue in JBoss 5.1.0

Veit Guna do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 29 12:37:06 EDT 2010

Veit Guna [http://community.jboss.org/people/veitg] created the discussion

"Disabling ExpiryQueue in JBoss 5.1.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540192#540192

Hi.

We're using JBoss 5.1.0 and its standard message queue component. On deployment we create some queues via -service.xml files like so:

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService"
      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=myQueue"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
      <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
   </mbean>

It seems that the default ExpiryQueue is always set to "ExpiryQueue" of JBoss. When messages expire, they are moved to that queue. Now
my question is, how can I disable it so the messages get simply dropped? Until 4.0.4 this seemed the default behavior - AFAIK. Setting ExpiryQueue to an empty string doesn't seem to do the trick - an error concerning mandatory occurs then. Any hints?

Also there seems the problem that messages get only expired, when a consumer is listening on the queue. Can this be automated with jboss messaging that comes with JBoss 5.1.0?

Thanks in advance.
Veit

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]