[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to handle failed processes/states due to server crashes?

Puneet Kankane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 2 07:23:36 EDT 2010

Puneet Kankane [http://community.jboss.org/people/pkk4jbpm] created the discussion

"How to handle failed processes/states due to server crashes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555402#555402

Hi,

I have a Spring 3.0 + jBPM 4.3 setup, basically a webapplication with embedded jBPM.

Basic flow of my application:
On receiving a message on queue, my application creates a process instance based on the process name within message.
Once started my processes interact with other services(SLSB invoked by MDrivenBeans) through jms.

I would like to know how I can handle scenarios like:

1. Failed process states due to any server crash. How can I restart the processes from the point where they failed?
2. How will transaction be rolled back once my application is up again?
3. How shall I do Exception Handling? May be Custom node? I know this has been asked in other threads too, but I asking it here also because: a) since I am new to jBPM I am not able to understand it, may be a sample example would do. b) I feel exception handling needs to be taken care in such a application where we are interacting with jms & other external services.

Please guide me by helping me understand jBPM in such scenarios. I want to build a scalable solution for my project.

Thanks in advance,

Puneet