[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Memory leak on org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader

Angelo Marletta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 2 18:36:50 EDT 2010

Angelo Marletta [http://community.jboss.org/people/JohnnyStrozzino] replied to the discussion

"Memory leak on org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555511#555511

Thank you for your kind answer.

The queries are generated by jpacriteria library, another layer over hibernate.
I found out that each object is given an alias, for example:

SELECT $obj$5cdba0 FROM com.example.MyEntity  $obj$5cdba0

Actually the query does work, but makes the class loader blacklist the String "$obj$5cdba0.class" because someone (hibernate?) is trying to forName it.

I see these solutions, in order of dirtyness(?):

1) patch jpacriteria library in order to avoid generating insane queries
2) disable blacklisting by using jboss-classloading.xml (quick, any drawbacks?)
3) clear blacklist every day with a quartz job, by using jmx

Regarding 2) there are 104 classloader instances, but I should override the blacklist policy only for the classloader with id="vfsfile:$JBOSS_HOME/server/node1/conf/jboss-service.xml". Where should I put the jboss-classloading.xml?

Any other ideas?

(Someone tell Adrian Brock that jpacriteria should be added to the *blacklist* of stupid frameworks  ;)
And btw why is the class loader using an unlimited cache for a blacklist?? Why not LRU?)

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]