[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to handle failed processes/states due to server crashes?

Puneet Kankane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 3 03:39:48 EDT 2010

Puneet Kankane [http://community.jboss.org/people/pkk4jbpm] replied to the discussion

"How to handle failed processes/states due to server crashes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555560#555560

> after bootup jBPM4 picks up your wait state and still waits for a signal

Correct me I am wrong: Will jBPM4 pick up the processes waiting for a signal if it (jBPM) is embedded in my application only as a lib rather than installed as a service on JBoss. If thats the case then once my spring-jbpm context gets loaded on application start up, jBPM should pick up all the nodes and wait for a signal.

> the retry-interceptor is what you configure in your command service, see the dev guide (6.7 Services):
>  http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/devguide/html_single/ http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/devguide/html_single/
> it's ment for catching hibernate StaleObjectExceptions but I still get those Exceptions so it seems like it doesn't work in all cases...

theory in devguide doesn't provide much explanation of retry interceptor. I mean how to configure, what inputs it will need and such thing. Do we have any example available for retry-interceptor.

Puneet