[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Remoting - "replacing control socket" Question

vidhya Baskaran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 5 13:37:43 EDT 2010

vidhya Baskaran [http://community.jboss.org/people/vbs_jboss_accnt] created the discussion

"Remoting - "replacing control socket"  Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/556125#556125

We have a JBOSS server ( messaging - 1.4.6. GA and remoting is from the 5.0.0 GA version) used exclusively for messaging purposes, and the last few weeks ,we see this in the remoting logs -

DEBUG [org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker,] (secondaryServerSocketThread[0]) SocketClientInvoker[1acf0ed, bisocket://x.x.x.x:1805340362] replacing control socket: Socket[addr=/x.x.x.x,port=1311,localport=36953]

and everytime this happens(its for multiple clients connected to the server), the remoting CurrentClientPoolSize keeps increasing and they never seem to go back to the pool.....

and this happens right on the hr or 30 mins past hr ( like 1 pm , 1.30 pm, 3 , 4, 9.... this varies...)

Does this have anything whatsoever to do with some configurations on the server or is this more on the network (like congestion, scans....something else ?? )

Any help is appreciated..

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]