[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Unable to shutdown a minimal "all configuration" Jboss server

Raul Melgosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 10 03:59:37 EDT 2010

Raul Melgosa [http://community.jboss.org/people/melgosa] created the discussion

"Unable to shutdown a minimal "all configuration" Jboss server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/556602#556602

My Jboss is started with:
     ./run.sh -c all -b xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
There's no way to shutdown it(local) using the command:

shutdown -S

     Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:

./shutdown.sh -s --server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   as well as ./shutdown.sh -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException: Service URL must start with service:jmx:
        at javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.<init>(JMXServiceURL.java:160)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:235)

Doc's say( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html_single/index.html#setting_JBOSS_HOME http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html_single/index.html#setting_JBOSS_HOME)

In 9.3.4(Stopping the server)

"To shutdown the server, you simply issue a Ctrl-C sequence in the console in which JBoss was started. Alternatively, you can use the shutdown.sh command.

Using the shutdown command requires a server configuration that contains the jmx-invoker-service.xml service. Hence you cannot use the shutdown command with the minimal configuration."

I suppose my actual configuration is minimal and i suppose i need to activate that service so Shutdown.sh works with my server. Does anyone know how to do that?, if service not needed, how could i shutdown?

Thanks.