[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JMS Message overhead

Daniel Spiess do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 11 12:45:41 EDT 2010

Daniel Spiess [http://community.jboss.org/people/dspiess] created the discussion

"JMS Message overhead"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/556940#556940

Hi,

I've been tasked with determining how much overhead (bytes sent in addition to the actual message) is added to each JMS message in JBoss and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Can anyone point me to any of the following?

1) How to determine the JMS overhead?
2) An article discussing the JMS overhead
3) A thread discussing what is added to each message
4) Anything that can direct me to a number or a way to calculate the number

Thanks,
DJ Spiess

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]