[jboss-user] [jBPM] - BPMN 2.0 modeling with Signavio/jBPM

Patricia B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 12 15:59:05 EDT 2010

Patricia B [http://community.jboss.org/people/patriciab] replied to the discussion

"BPMN 2.0 modeling with Signavio/jBPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557166#557166

Hi,
Thank you to both of you for your replies.

For Koen:
Do you have any timeline for jBPM 5?
I read some posts on Drools forum, that actually Drools Flow, and jBPM5 will become one workflow engine ( http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/jBPM-and-Drools-Flow-td899451.html http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/jBPM-and-Drools-Flow-td899451.html). Can you comment on that?

For HuiSheng Xu:
One note here: I noticed that on my post, I talked about *business task*, but what I really meant, was *business rule task*. Not sure if that was obvious, and I thought to make a note of that to clarify it.
I would be more than happy to help with some ideas about business rule task and how I see that working, if there is indeed interest in having that implemented, and can be released before jBPM5 is out :). There is a business rule task implemented in jPDL (called rule task), so probably there is support already for that in the underlying execution platform (I do not know much details about jPDL or PVM internals). I'll put together some of my ideas about this, and share it, but I'll create a new entry on the forum for BPMN 2.0 business rule task.

Thanks,
--Patricia