[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBpm 4.3 service task has no optional args?

Tim Stephenson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 12 18:18:35 EDT 2010

Tim Stephenson [http://community.jboss.org/people/tstephen] created the discussion

"jBpm 4.3 service task has no optional args?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557183#557183

Hi,

I've been looking at taskService in a BPMN2 process and I don't seem to be able to define an optional argument. If I define an arg such as:

     <jbpm:arg>
            <jbpm:object expr="#{cc}" />
     </jbpm:arg>

but do not have such a variable in the process instance by the time the task is invoked then it fails with the following error:
[DefaultCommandService] exception while executing command org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.CompleteTaskCmd at f4189a
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.WireException: couldn't invoke method doTest: couldn't create argument 3: script evaluation error: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Cannot find property cc
    at org.jbpm.bpmn.flownodes.JavaServiceTaskActivity.perform(JavaServiceTaskActivity.java:94)

So it seems all args must exist or am I doing something wrong? I would prefer to handle optional params in my service class. What do you think?

thanks in advance, Tim