[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - jboss 5.1 slower 10% than jboss4.2

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 13 04:04:32 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] replied to the discussion

"jboss 5.1 slower 10% than jboss4.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557232#557232

> mlw ma wrote:
>
> I'm planning to migration from jboss 4.2.2 to jboss 5.1, but it seams that jboss 5 is very slow when I do a test:
>
> env:
> os:RHEL 5 64bit
> cpu: 2 X Intel Xeon E5310
> mem:8GB
> jdk:jdk6u21
>
> jboss4.2 vs jboss5.1 ( 50% slower):

> jboss4.2 vs jboss5.1 update JBoss EJB3 Plugin 1.0.19 ( 5% slower):

It's good to see that the EJB3 plugin improves the performance to that level.

However, I'm not sure what those values in those tables indicate. For example, what does a negative value indicate? Also have you checked (using some profiler or some other means) what exactly is degrading the performance?

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]