[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBoss Eap 4.3 and special characters problem

Rickard Engström do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 16 05:23:34 EDT 2010

Rickard Engström [http://community.jboss.org/people/riffla] created the discussion

"JBoss Eap 4.3 and special characters problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557495#557495

Hi all

I have a problem which I believe is related to a recent migration from Tomcat to JBoss.
Below is a code snippet from the application which always worked with Tomcat but now, after the migration to JBoss 4.3 the condition fails

if (stateCode.toUpperCase().equals("PÅGÅENDE_EJ_KONTAKT")) return CaseStateCache.getInstance().getById(CaseState.STATE_INPROG_NOT_CONTACTED);
log.warn("Unknown state found in database:" + stateCode);
return CaseStateCache.getInstance().getById(CaseState.STATE_UNKNOWN);

After having read the log, which states "...WARN  [CaseDAO] Unknown state found in database:PÅGÅENDE_EJ_KONTAKT", I'm quite sure that this is JBoss related (encoding hell, sort of... or?)

/R