[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Deployment issues with Postgres + Jboss Configuration

Mini K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 16 07:19:44 EDT 2010

Mini K [http://community.jboss.org/people/minikjboss] created the discussion

"Deployment issues with Postgres + Jboss Configuration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557516#557516

Hello everyone,

This might be repeated question, but I spend almost more than a day to find the right answer over this forum and after removing, changing, editing almost everything, I decided to ask you again!

*Postgres : 8.4*
*Jboss: 5.1 GA*

*Following are the steps I did to configure Postgres into Jboss:*
*1) Added postgres-ds.xml into the JBOSS\default\server\deploy folder*
The code looks like this:

<datasources>
  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/testdatabase</connection-url>
    <driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>postgres</user-name>
    <password>admin</password>
    <new-connection-sql>select 1</new-connection-sql>
 <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->
 <metadata>
 <type-mapping>PostgreSQL 8.0</type-mapping>
 </metadata>
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

*2) Added the postgresql-persistence-service.xml file from JBOSS\docs\examples\jms to JBOSS\server\default\deploy\messaging folder. Did no changes in this file.*

*3) Remove JBOSS\default\server\deploy\ hsqldb-ds.xml and JBOSS\server\default\deploy\messaging \ hsqldb-persistence-service.xml*

*4) Edited JBOSS\server\default\conf \ login-config.xml file by removing*
<application-policy name="HsqlDbRealm">
    <authentication>
      <login-module code="org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule"
        flag="required">
        <module-option name="principal">sa</module-option>
        <module-option name="userName">sa</module-option>
        <module-option name="password"></module-option>
        <module-option name="managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS</module-option>
      </login-module>
    </authentication>
  </application-policy>

*5) Edited JBOSS\server\default\conf \ standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml file by adding this line*
<datasource-mapping>PostgreSQL 8.0</datasource-mapping>

*6) Lastly, the most important is added the postgres driver at JBOSS\server\default\lib\ postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar*

*The datasource name is : DefaultDS*

*After doing the above steps I get the following exception:*

ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusterPullConnectionFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "jboss.messaging.destination:name=DLQ,service=Queue" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "jboss.messaging.destination:name=ExpiryQueue,service=Queue" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory' **

I have attached the detailed error log in this discussion as well.

I did read in some random discussions that I can remove the ejb3-timer file, which I tried but still I was getting more deployment errors. I think I am just missing the last step, but still dont know what it is.

Can someone please help me out with this? And also provide a clear answer so that it can help others as well.

Thanks in advance,
Mini

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]