[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss Cache as a standalone service

Wasanka Wickramasinghe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 18 06:13:35 EDT 2010

Wasanka Wickramasinghe [http://community.jboss.org/people/wasanka2000] created the discussion

"JBoss Cache as a standalone service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557861#557861

Hi,

I have a requirement to create and run a jboss cache instance as a standalone application. I have done this by creating a simple class with a main method to create and run the cache. Works fine and I can put/get data.

Now I need to write another java application to put data into this cache by communicating with the first program. These two programs are running in two JVMs.

What are the methods available for me to use? JMX? RMI?
Could someone please help with an example java code to get an instance of the cache from the first program?

Thanks,
Udaya

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]