[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Visualize workflow and it's current state

Adwait Chitaley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 20 03:24:33 EDT 2010

Adwait Chitaley [http://community.jboss.org/people/achitaley] replied to the discussion

"Visualize workflow and it's current state"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/558278#558278

To Eugene Dzhurinsky, HuiSheng Xu and other JBPM Users who desire to view the Current Status of a Process Instance in a Graphical Mode / PNG Image.

I have received a generous assistance of Roberto Harihar from Brazil, who has developed this code in viewing the Current Status of A Process Instance Graphically.

With the attached files and steps mentioned below, we can generate an Image of the Current Status of Process Instance. This can be integrated into our application as well.

1) Use the attached File (jbpm_image_sample.jar) and extract it. This JAR Contains the necessary code to generate PNG Image of Current Process Instance at Runtime. This also contains the required images to generate the PNG Image.

2) In addition to above, in the same package, create a Java Class File named *Render.java* and insert the following code in it:

import java.io.File;
import java.util.List;
import javax.imageio.ImageIO;
import org.jbpm.api.Configuration;
import org.jbpm.api.ProcessEngine;
import org.jbpm.api.model.OpenExecution;
import com.airsanchay.jbpm.JBPMUtilities;
import org.jbpm.api.ExecutionService;
import org.jbpm.api.HistoryService;
import org.jbpm.api.IdentityService;
import org.jbpm.api.ManagementService;
import org.jbpm.api.RepositoryService;
import org.jbpm.api.TaskService;

public class Render {

    /**
     * @param args
     */
        String processInstanceId = "AIRSanchayWorkflow.1870001";
        /** if you are running as a java application - outside a j2ee container */
        ProcessEngine processEngine = new Configuration().setResource("jbpm.cfg.xml").buildProcessEngine();
        List historyActivities = processEngine.getHistoryService().createHistoryActivityInstanceQuery().processInstanceId(processInstanceId).list();
        RenderImage_JpdlModel jpdlModel = new RenderImage_JpdlModel(JBPMUtilities.class.getResourceAsStream("AIRSanchayWorkflow.jpdl.xml"), historyActivities);
        ImageIO.write(new RenderImage_JpdlModelDrawer().draw(jpdlModel), "png", new File("/root/Desktop/myprocess.png"));
    }
}

|  |