[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Deployments and the Console

Karoy Labs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 20 19:39:47 EDT 2010

Karoy Labs [http://community.jboss.org/people/obolabs] created the discussion

"Deployments and the Console"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/558428#558428

First, a quick bkgrnd:
I've got Weblogic background and all kinds associated JEE skills, in case that's supposed to make me smarter about things..  ;)
With that, I haven't had much experience with JBoss, nor with JBPM. Practically a noob with both..

But about my current problem..
JBPM 4.4 downloaded, unzipped. Executed ant demo.setup.jboss, but it croaked during Eclipse download, so I did that manually. After that I ran teardown and setup again, which then completed, but I'm still not sure if everything is in place as they should be.
By now, HSQL and JBoss start up, so I can access web modeler and Console. Log in with alex but there's nothing to be seen in the console, as in processes, nada. Tried running +ant install.examples.into.jboss+, but it croaked with "jbpm-4.4\examples\*build.xml:120*: org.jbpm.api.JbpmException:
  xml validation error: cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'method' must appear on element 'java'. [line=8 column=40 ]". I haven't followed up on this yet.

Next, in Eclipse Modeler, I went and created a very simple process and made a .bar file out of the .jpdl.xml and .png files. No Java classes yet, only these two. The process doesn't do anything, simply START=>TASK=>END.

Created a simple build.xml that deploys it, seemingly without error.

I am expecting the deployed process to show up in the Console, ready for execution. Don't really if it would croak, just see it try would do it.
Reading the User Guide makes me think I need to write a Service class impl and that's the guy that gets recognized by the Console then?
Obvoiusly, I've got some learning to do, but any guidance to get out of the woods would be appreciated..

Thanks,
karoy