[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - java.net.SocketException: Too many open files on Red Hat lin

silambarasan m do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 24 04:45:09 EDT 2010

silambarasan m [http://community.jboss.org/people/sarran2003] replied to the discussion

"java.net.SocketException: Too many open files on Red Hat lin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/558701#558701

Thanks for your reply....

Sorry for asking this...do we have any binary available for the latest with fix for jbossweb.2.0.x?

it would be great if i get jar instead of source code.

here is the exception we are getting in our jboss. but finally all the transcations getting broken and the server got hang-up...

04:55:34,751 ERROR [org.jboss.naming.Naming] Naming accept handler stopping
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

I believe the main issue is with the "too many open files", probably this could be solved with the latest jbossweb...

Cheers,
Silambarasan

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]