[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Server behind the NAT firewall (again)

Egidijus Vaisnora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 25 10:32:03 EDT 2010

Egidijus Vaisnora [http://community.jboss.org/people/egiva] replied to the discussion

"Server behind the NAT firewall (again)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/558973#558973

+"Server is running on computer which doesn't have remote IP only local"+
jboss server is running on computer which has only network configuraiton and it is only local IP. This computer is accessed via router which makes makes NAT'ing to this local IP

+Is 10.198.138.148 the value you associated with "clientConnectAddress" or your localhost address?+
it is local ip

After debuging a while I found solution by entering *serverBindAddress* via URL parameter. I don't know it it is right configuration, but with this I got progress on issue:

<value-factory bean="ServiceBindingManager"
        method="getStringBinding">
        <parameter>
          jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
          <null />
        </parameter>
        <parameter>socket://remote_IP:${port}/?clientConnectAddress=remote_IP&amp;serverBindAddress=${jboss.bind.address}</parameter>
        <parameter>
          <null />
        </parameter>
        <parameter>3873</parameter>
      </value-factory>

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]