[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Measuring time before a task is taken

Jimmy Smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 31 16:35:51 EDT 2010

Jimmy Smith [http://community.jboss.org/people/swd_eagle] created the discussion

"Measuring time before a task is taken"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559886#559886

What is the best way to measure how long it takes for a task to be taken after creation? Eg, task is created and a group of users are assigned as candidates. But we want to know for reporting purposes how long it actually takes someone to take the task and start processing it.

I haven't tested it, but thought about using the progress field and then check that in the history, if possible. So when the progress changes from 0 (not started) to 1 (start), you can get an interval. Would setting the priority create history entries that can be used for this purpose?

Still need to figure out how to effectively manage a task that is released again and re-taken by someone else... might have to use some custom event handlers?

Any other suggestions?