[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message Acknowledgement Timeout

Art Carey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 14 09:29:52 EST 2010

Art Carey [http://community.jboss.org/people/nsfyn55] created the discussion

"Re: Message Acknowledgement Timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/575930#575930

I trying to get my head wrapped around the XA Recovery bits(specifically in a clustered environment.)

Let me try to understand...

Assumptions:
- I have a persistent message
- Auto-Acknowledge is my acknowledgement type

If I have MDB running in a CMT transaction that consumes a message. It will require that the onMessage() method successfully completes to acknowledge the message. If a full crash occurrs during that onMessage() method from what I understand that unacknowledged message gets picked up by a buddy.

When that buddy picks up that message, will it just wait for the crashed node to recover and the XARecovery Module to tell it that it is safe to depersist that message or re-deliver?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]