[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: jboss tools property editor enhancements

nimo stephan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 14 09:58:58 EST 2010

nimo stephan [http://community.jboss.org/people/nimo22] created the discussion

"Re: jboss tools property editor enhancements"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/575935#575935

{quote}...is it still alive?{quote}.

I dont know !

Though, the functionalities of rbe are good, it could get better and therefore
I recommend to see this editor as an inspiration and base point for own *I18N-PropertyEditor-implementation* within rf-tools.

Also, I cannot guarantee that this editor is bug-free.

For example:
The rbe can generate the appropriate property-files by selecting languages via a nice wizard when going under +File->New->ResourceBundle+.
It generates property-files with the names for example: +ApplicationResources_en_AT.properties+ or +ApplicationResources_fr_FR.properties+.
Now, I can open this by right-clicking the file and selecting the "+open with ResourceBundle Editor+". Then rbe-gui is shown. However, if you delete the substring "ApplicationResources_", then the nice features of rbe-gui will no more be available.

So you see, as it is, it is not perfect for a tighter integration in rf-tools. Besides, I guess, the convention says, that property-files should be called "fr_FR.properties" instead of "+*+ResourceBundle_+*fr_FR.properties+". So you have to rename it in production-mode.

I guess, it is better to see rbe as a base point for own *I18N-PropertyEditor-implementation* within rf-tools.