[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - IOException: Could not transmit message

aneesh nair do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 14 16:59:20 EST 2010

arnie2k [http://community.jboss.org/people/arnie2k] created the discussion

"IOException: Could not transmit message"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576002#576002

Hi,

Being new to the forum, not sure whether i am posting my question in the right place. If not, please do guide me accordingly.

I am having trouble accessing a service that is deployed locally.

The service was created using wsconsume (so I guess its JAX-WS). It was deployed and tested as a stand alone successfully.

When inegrated with spring, I get the above exception.

Attached *spring-servlet.xml* has a snippet of the context file.

A snippet of the wsdl is as shown below

<service name="PayoffQuoteInterfaceImplService">
     <port binding="tns:PayoffQuoteInterfaceBinding" name="PayoffQuoteInterfacePort">
          <soap:address location=" http://127.0.0.1:8080/lps_ws/PayoffQuote http://127.0.0.1:8080/lps_ws/PayoffQuote"/>
     </port>
</service>

The exception stack trace can be retrieved from the attached *exception.txt* file

Though I do have made an entry in the pom.xml for XMLServiceException class, I see a no class def found execption.

     <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.xml.stream</groupId>
            <artifactId>stax-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

Initially, I also tried by creating the client stubs using wsimport. But with stubs generated or not, I ended up with the same exception.

Is this cos of some marshalling failure?

Also attaching the service interface class generated using wsimport.

The JBossAS version is *4.2.3.GA*
The JBossWS (native) version is *jbossws-native-3.1.1.GA*

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aneesh

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]